Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a series of custom-made clear and removable aligners that are created specifically for you. As you progress through the treatment, each successive tray moves you teeth closer to their ideal position to create a beautiful, straight smile. Our Invisalign-accredited dentists are some of the leading Invisalign Providers in Melbourne’s Inner West and will help develop a personalised treatment plan that best meets your smile goals.
- Aesthetic — The clear nature of the trays provides an “invisible” option to straighten your teeth, which may be of particular interest to adults to allow for little interference in your day-to-day social and professional settings
- Removable — Unlike traditional braces, you can remove the aligners when you eat, and brush and floss your teeth. This makes cleaning much easier, thereby reducing your susceptibility to tooth decay, white spots and gum disease
- Comfort — The smooth, thin aligner trays are custom designed to your teeth, eliminating any rough or protruding areas and providing a comfortable fit free of irritation to your lips, cheeks and other areas of your mouth. It is also less painful and more tolerable than traditional braces. Discomfort is generally mild and subsides after the first few days
You will need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours each day in order for them to be fully effective. This means, you should only take out your aligners when you are eating and when you are brushing and flossing your teeth. For hygiene reasons, we encourage patients to brush and rinse their aligners at least twice a day with a normal toothbrush. This will also help prevent your aligners from staining and turning yellow, which can occur over time due to certain habits such as drinking coffee or wine regularly and smoking.
What to expect
As a guide, Invisalign® treatment typically ranges from $3,500 - $7,500 and is dependent on the treatment type and time required, as well as the complexity of the case and your smile goals. First, we will need to determine whether Invisalign® is suitable for you. For more severe cases, we may recommend traditional braces as a more appropriate treatment to achieve the best outcome. If you are a good candidate for Invisalign®, here is an idea of what the Invisalign® experience will involve:
- During your first appointment, your dentist will take the time to understand your key areas of concern and take a series of orthodontic records, including photographs, digital x-rays and measurements for analysis. These records will be used to design your smile
- At your next appointment, we will show you a preview of your new smile using the ClinCheck software
- Then the journey begins – You will receive 3-4 sets of personalised aligners every 6-8 weeks at each of your Invisalign® check up appointments. During each visit, we will monitor the progress of your treatment and make adjustments to your bite as needed
- At the end of your treatment, you will receive a set of retainers and teeth whitening to help complete your smile transformation
A course of Invisalign® will range between 6 months to 3 years to complete depending on the initial alignment of your teeth.
Complimentary express consultation
If you would like to speak with one of our dentists to learn more about Invisalign®, we are currently offering a Complimentary Express Consultation for new patients. During this 20-minute appointment, the dentist will take the time to understand your key areas of concern and complete an assessment of your teeth, gums and bite. Your dentist will then walk you through the orthodontic options best suited for your needs and help to answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to make an appointment for a Complimentary Express Consultation, you can fill out our inquiry form
or contact us on 9689 4477