If you are looking to revitalise or enhance the appearance of your smile, porcelain veneers may be the ideal solution you are looking for.
What are they
Porcelain veneers are an ultra-thin shell made from porcelain that are customised to the face of a tooth. They are designed to improve the aesthetics of your teeth to create a straighter and more vibrant smile that still maintains a natural look. The placement of dental veneers is minimally invasive and typically requires zero to minimal preparation of your teeth to help correct for discolouration and teeth alignment.
- These provide a more natural appearance as they are fabricated in an off-site laboratory using naturally translucent material. We team up with some of Melbourne’s best ceramists.
- Can be the perfect option in masking heavily discoloured teeth
- While they may require a higher investment, porcelain veneers can improve your entire smile all at once and last many years with regular maintenance and care.
What to expect
- Your dentist will begin with a thorough consultation to understand your key concerns and smile goals, followed by a full examination to determine if porcelain veneers are a suitable option for you
- A series of intra and extra oral digital photographs will be taken to assess your smile, other facial expressions and movements during speech and will be used to help design a smile that is both predictable and meets your expectations
- The porcelain veneer preparation process is usually completed in two visits.
- At the first appointment, the dentist will minimally prepare your teeth for the veneers. A detailed mould is then taken of the prepared area and sent to one of our preferred dental ceramists. Temporary veneers will be placed over the prepared teeth.
- Your second appointment is typically 2-3 weeks after your first appointment to allow our off-site ceramists time to fabricate your veneers. During this visit, the porcelain veneers will be checked by the dentist to ensure they are fitted correctly. You will also have the opportunity to try on your veneers to make sure you are happy with the look and feel. Once both you and the dentist are happy with the result, the veneers are cemented.
Complimentary express consultation
If you would like to speak with one of our dentists to learn more about porcelain veneers, we are currently offering a Complimentary Express Consultation for new patients. During this 20-minute appointment, the dentist will take the time to understand your key areas of concern and complete an assessment of your teeth, gums and bite. Your dentist will then discuss with you the options best suited for your needs.
If you would like to make an appointment for a Complimentary Express Consultation, you can fill out our inquiry form
or contact us on 9689 4477