Nothing is as good as natural, healthy teeth, but dental implants can come close. Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth which you may have lost as a result of trauma, dental disease or simply due to the ageing process.
- Better aesthetics — A dental implant remains the option of choice that best resembles and functions as a natural tooth
- Improved stability — Once a tooth is removed from the mouth, the bone surrounding that area gradually wears down and becomes thinner. Over time, this may result in loss of density around your face. Dental implants help to slow and prevent this bone shrinkage as the body “recognises” that bone is required to support the implant. Replacing the space also prevents adjacent and opposing teeth from drifting into this space
- Preserves adjacent teeth — One of the biggest advantages of dental implants is that they allow each tooth to stand alone, without disrupting neighbouring healthy teeth with invasive procedures.
- Improved function and speech — With a full set of teeth, you will experience better comfort and greater confidence whilst speaking and eating
- Fixed long-term solution — When taken care of well, dental implants can last for a very long time and can function similarly to a natural tooth
What to expect
Multiple appointments required usually over a period of 3 months
Our dentists are highly experienced in the placement of dental implants and pay particular attention to ensuring the procedure is both comfortable and seamless. Using the latest technologies, we can help provide you with natural-looking dental implants that are long-lasting. Before proceeding with any treatment, our dentist will first perform a comprehensive examination in order to determine whether you are suitable for dental implant surgery. He will walk you through the advantages and disadvantages of dental implants as well as any other options that may be suitable for you.
A 3D x-ray of your jaw will also be taken at our clinic and these records will be used to develop a customised and accurate treatment plan that’s best suited for you. If you are a suitable candidate for dental implants, our dentist will then take impressions of your teeth and your gums for our in-house laboratory to make a model. Multiple appointments are usually required to complete both the surgical placement of the implant fixture and to restore the implant with a tooth-coloured porcelain crown. This will ensure a long-lasting stable solution.
Complimentary express consultation
If you would like to speak with one of our dentists to learn more about dental implants, we are currently offering a Complimentary Express Consultation for new patients. During this 20-minute appointment, the dentist will take the time to understand your key areas of concern and complete an assessment of your teeth, gums and bite. Your dentist will then discuss with you the options best suited for your needs.
If you would like to make an appointment for a Complimentary Express Consultation, you can fill out our inquiry form
or contact us on 9689 4477